Latest News and Updates

RCN Offers Free Immigration Advice to Members

If you are a registered member of the RCN, you can access free, confidential advice about a number of immigration issues.

According to the RCN website, they can help with:

  • Skilled Worker Visa (formally called the Tier 2 (General) visa)
  • Tier 4 (Student Visa) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)
  • Points based system dependants
  • Changing or extending your current visa
  • Applications based on marriage/civil partnership
  • European Settled Status Scheme Applications
  • British citizenship
  • Human Rights Claims
  • Refugee Settlement Applications
  • Home office refusal on an application to remain in the UK

(Although they cannot offer advice on asylum applications, they can aid members in finding
accredited advisors who can assist with such matters.)

The service offered is completely confidential, including even contacting the service. No information will be shared with third parties, including organisations, other staff, or members of the RCN, unless express permission is granted by the client.

They also state that their solicitors can offer assistance with the preparation and representation of immigration appeals.

The RCN also offers advice and assistance on a wide range of work-related issues, and have information and resources regarding:

  • The Windrush Scheme
  • Biometric Residence Permit Cards
  • Status of EU Nationals
  • NMC Requirements for Overseas Nurses
  • Landlord Immigration Status Checks
  • Language Requirements
  • ILR Applications
  • Health and Care Visas and the Immigration Health Surcharge

You can make an appointment to discuss immigrations issues by contacting the RCN advice team, but contact can also be made via live chat or email.

For more information and for links to the above resources, please click on the link below.
Immigration Advice Service | Royal College of Nursing (

Scroll to Top